Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 277: Summatime Valima #1

Desi summer-wedding season continues with the first in a line-up of valimahs this July before Ramadan enters our lives again. Packing in the weddings before the feasting must end! Proof: there were two different Pakistani wedding receptions happening at the exact same time in the exact same hotel, two different ballrooms separated by a shared hallway. As long as you were brown and wearing some sort of desi clothing, you could easily have crashed either wedding and, as my sister said, could simply introduce yourself as "Muhammad's son" or "Sana's niece" and been welcomed with plates of gaajar ka halwaa.

Congrats to the couple(s)! And I know, I know, there really is no excuse for such terribly lousy images - but my excuse is that I forgot my camera. "Forgot".

No comments:

Post a Comment