Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 269: Down by the Bay

OYLPA Day 269: Down by the Bay by klodhie
OYLPA Day 269: Down by the Bay, a photo by klodhie on Flickr.
Street after street, memory after memory and images of months to come in mind, I wandered through the Bay in search of a new home. There is a different feel up here, a more calm one (even as I rode the AirTrain, zooming by the cars below). I loved it when I was here for school, and every time I come back I am happy. I like that I can take the BART or the CalTrain instead of a car, or that I can bike around town, or walk to the local stores. I like that SF is minutes away, a city I am in love with. I enjoy knowing this is the place my future students will be from, where I'll meet new neighbors and new friends and new colleagues.

It is all new in a way, and exciting, and sad in a way too - to be leaving home and friends I know well, but to be moving to a place I adore, blessed to have a job in a profession I care deeply for, living amongst strangers for a while but always with the prospect of meeting new and wonderful people.

Down by the Bay I was today, and down by the Bay I'll be back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment