Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 225: Training


OYLPA Day 225: Training, originally uploaded by klodhie.

Thurs., May 12, 2011

Observation, Department interview, Faculty interview. I have to say, I had a surprisingly fun day, absolutely loved it actually. The faculty at this school is spectacular, so open and friendly and passionate about what they do!

And the observation part, teaching a new lesson to a new group of9th graders who have never seen my face. I knew as soon as I started that this is undoubtedly where I need to be: teaching, learning, in a school with incredible human beings like these kids, every day. Reminded of how much I love my profession and how much I miss it. The teaching part was so fun, and while I felt a little bad I made them do so much self-evaluation and reflection on their second-to-last day of the semester (after having just given their persuasive speeches), I'm proud of the class discussion and written work they produced. What I realized after and am still in awe of is the fact that these young people, who, again, have never seen me before, were soo willing and open to learning from me and each other; I feel so honored that these human beings would trust me enough to teach them, and I felt blessed again. Utterly awesome. Can't wait to get back to school!

P.S. I decided not to take a picture inside the school, just in case. But, I CalTrain'd it around today so I thought I'd share that with you. Just take it as a symbol of something or another, you decide =)

No comments:

Post a Comment