Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 224: Gateway


OYLPA Day 224: Gateway, originally uploaded by klodhie.

Wed., May 11, 2011

A few nerves, lots of planning, and even more positive excitement. Round two of Summit's job interview up near S.F. is tomorrow, and while I'm nervous about teaching an entirely new group of students a lesson that I just had to create, I'm also enjoying the lesson planning part of it again. I feel like I've been missing using this part of my brain since the beginning of last summer. Learning objectives and backwards planning and scaffolding and instructional strategies, expectations, norms, etc. etc. So many things to consider, always knowing that you can make your lesson more effective, so that there is always a level of challenge, always something to learn and improve for the sake of your students.

Let's get on this plane now and finish the rest of an evening of planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment