Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 203: Taal Spin


OYLPA Day 203: Taal Spin, originally uploaded by klodhie.

Practice, practice practice. Nupur Dance Academy school recital coming up soon (May 8th, ah). I don't know what I'd do without kathak in my life =)

And, speaking of dance practice, the annual SoCal Pakistani Students Association Culture Show is coming up on Sunday 4/24; sister has been busy with that. It's interesting to see through the years how [some of] the latest crop of LA/OC Pakistani college students portray their Pakistani-American identity through these shows. This year's show is called "Pakistani Night Live: Culture Shawk." I hope to goodness that our younger community has evolved out of the "FOB" and "ABCD" jokes. I never want to hear one of those again...ok, so those are probably unavoidable, but I still think it's a good thing these shows are ongoing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment