Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 265: West Side

OYLPA Day 265: West Side by klodhie

OYLPA Day 265: West Side, a photo by klodhie on Flickr.
A perfect day to be out and about on the West side in L.A.: Abbott Kinney in Venice, The Place and 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica, RockSugar in Century City.

Finally got to go to the bakery Jin Patisserie as I had always dreamed. So let me ask you this, is it just bitter old me or is it weird to see couples staring into each others' eyes for awkwardly long periods of time? There Patty and I were, enjoying our cakes (which were heavenly), and I couldn't help but be distracted by this couple in the corner: at first the man was on his phone, and in what seemed to be a fight for attention from the man, the woman got incredibly close to his face and just stared at him for more than a minute (all the while he kept texting away on his phone). She finally gave up, and then they had what looked like a staring contest, but I assume was some sort of strange courtship dance. Man it was just awkward to watch.

It's ok, cake makes everything better. Oh, and so do cute little babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment