Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 156: Trip Khatam


OYLPA Day 156: Trip Khatam, originally uploaded by klodhie.
Fri., March 4, 2011

I cannot believe my trip is over. It has flown by and I feel like I could stay here for another few months (or years, or a lifetime). I finally got a chance to sit down with my mom's phuppo today and note down our family tree, as well as hear some more entertaining stories about her childhood and those things she remembers of my father's side of the family. Family is what I will miss most once I return to L.A.; the love that I feel here from khala/oos and phuppo/as and nanis etc. is irreplaceable. Perhaps I appreciate it more because I get it in minute doses, but I do hope to make this trip a yearly one. I cannot wait another 6 years before I see all these beautiful people and places that I absolutely love again. Pakistan, as always, I shall miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment