Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 60: Kathak at Christ Church

"Peace be with you!" said so many smiling new faces as each warmly shook hands with me. My first experience at a Sunday church service was wonderful, an experience of a group of people spiritual and religious, and more than anything, friendly, open-minded and kind. No one separated by gender, no one to pass judgment or comment on your attire, all there simply to enjoy a moment of humble worship and feel a sense of community.

My friend's interpretive Kathak dance to some of the hymns was a poignant representation of how open and all-encompassing this Church community is, and through this image I see symbols of three different cultures/religions mixing and intertwining gracefully, from myself, through to the dancer, and behind her to the altar.



No comments:

Post a Comment