Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 53: Have Faith


OYLPA Day 53: Have Faith, originally uploaded by klodhie.
Friend,

I know you've been hiding it in the corners of your heart, but I know it's there; I can see it in your eyes and I can hear it in your voice, and I know it's there simply because I know what's happened. I know that I cannot remove it from the place where it has taken root and lodged, although I wish it were so easy, and I'm sure you wish the same every day, especially at night when you go to bed and it's just you and the darkness and your mind.

I wish I could tell you it will disappear, that a magic person or a magic pill or a magic anything will take it away. But you and I both know that's not true, as brutal as that may be to hear. But you and I both also know other truths that you may have forgotten while it has lodged in your heart.

No, there's no magic anything. But there is Faith - and that's as close to a magic anything that you will find here in our short lives. Friend, there are two things I want you to keep Faith in, if in nothing else: Yourself, and Time. Have Faith in your ability to surpass, to succeed, to overcome - I know you've done it before, even if that piece lodged in your heart then was not so bad as it is now. And, Friend, have Faith in Time and its ability to show you guidance, patience, and the irrefutable fact that as much as you may grieve in the inner workings of your heart and mind, Life goes on.

So tonight, when you lay in bed with only the darkness behind your eyelids to look at and your mind and heart your company, let Faith in, even if just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment