Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 36: Build Your Own Burger?!


OYLPA Day 36: Choices Choices, originally uploaded by klodhie.
Sometimes you just want a burger. That's all. But no - now you must fill out a questionnaire! Now you must make extensive and exhaustive decisions!!! I make decisions all day long, and the last thing I want to do at dinnertime is figure out how the heck I should fit 7 items into my burger and still make it taste good. Horseradish and Chipotle? Onions, red or not? Cheese from which of the following 20 countries? The questionnaire goes on...

Is this a new ploy to make customers order more items than they really want? To get them to feel empowered by being able to make the choice between 1/3 lb. or 1/4 lb. or veggie patty? As if "building" my own burger would be an incredible accomplishment?

Soon they'll be handing us ingredient encyclopedias and we'll sit in the waiting area to create an entire meal on our own. Choices, choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment